WASHINGTON, D.C. August 21, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. EST Judicial Watch is in court before Judge Trevor N. McFadden.
At issue is the Freedom on Information Act (FOIA) request from December 7, 2018. The FOIA was filed to obtain:
- “All records of contact or communication, including but not limited to emails, text messages, and instant chats between Bruce Ohr and any of the following individuals/entities: Former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele; owner of Fusion GPS Glenn Simpson; and any other employees or representatives of Fusion GPS.
- All travel requests, authorizations and expense reports for Bruce Ohr.
- All calendar entries for Bruce Ohr.”
The FOIA covered the time frame of January 1, 2015 until December 7, 2017.
Judicial Watch filed a lawsuit against the Department of Justice, (DOJ) on March 1, 2018 to compel the DOJ to turn over the documents. (complaint here). According to the complaint, the DOJ was required to “determine whether to comply with the Plaintiff’s request within 20 working days after its receipt of the request and to notify Plaintiff immediately of its determination.” That deadline was January 11, 2018.
Judicial Watch has uncovered several documents through this FOIA that have detailed the following:
- “Bruce Ohr knew he had ‘possible ethics concerns’ in his January 2018 preparation to testify to the Senate and House Intelligence committees.” (documents) During this testimony, he testified that Nellie, his wife, had provided him with a memory stick on which he received the dossier paid for by Hillary Clinton. He then circulated that dossier to the FBI. (testimony)
- Nellie Ohr told Bruce she had deleted his emails on his DOJ account.(documents)
- Bruce Ohr was paid a total of $42,250 in bonuses during the time of the Trump/Russia investigation. (bonuses)
- Bruce Ohr was revealed as the main avenue that Fusion GPS used to spread the dossier. (Ohr 302s)
- Nellie Ohr sent the dossier to her husband Bruce at the DOJ. (evidence)
The purpose of the hearing tomorrow is a conference to update Judge McFadden on the status of the documents being produced to Judicial Watch.
This story is ongoing…..